


I’ve been breastfeeding for 3 ½ weeks now and kind of feel like a permanent milk bar. I am not saying that I don’t enjoy this full time activity but imagined it to be easier and less painful. There has been a great improvement since the first days, your breasts slowly adapt to being pulled in all directions, but for me it is still not what others claim to be the most wonderful moments of motherhood.
I agree that this is definitely the best way to feed my baby, giving her all she needs to grow but I doubt that any mother really enjoys the first weeks. Your breasts grow 2 or 3x their original size and the one that is not feeding is constantly dripping… I will not give up feeding her this way but hope that it will soon become a wonderful time of intimacy between Célestine and I.
She has grown since her first days on earth and is getting heavier to carry. I am now patiently waiting for her little smiles and next new movements.