




Deluxe, Super Deluxe, Ultra Deluxe… these are some categories of buses you can chose at Chennai’s Central Bus Station. In fact they all look more or less the same on the outside. I love the Tamil and Kannada writing of the various signs. To me the letters are full of energy and with lots of character.
I was hoping to take the train for 8-hour trip to Bangalore, but unfortunately everything is booked out. It is the day before Christmas and even in India many of the government offices will be closed until New Years. This means more people than usual traveling by road and train to visit families across India as well as enjoy the holiday time.
We follow Ganeshan through the huge bus station down the hallway, to the end of the pier and stop at the last desk: KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transportation Corporation). We are in luck and can book 2 seats on an air-conditioned Ultra Deluxe Volvo Bus leaving tomorrow morning! I am relieved that there are still seats available, no matter what type of bus… We are going to Bangalore to spend some time and travel with my Indian friend Chandru.