Friday, February 13, 2009

Daily Surroundings



Isn't it interesting how each of us lives and reacts with the environment surrounding us? Here is the view I have from my desk at the office... Yesterday, as I was taking a few pictures of the snow, it felt a bit like I was rediscovering my own surroundings.

I don't know if everyone takes the time to stop and look at what surrounds us every day. (I admit that I don't). We are probably so used to being or working in the same place every day, that we do not even see it anymore.

I remember a movie called Smoke that was about a man who owned a small shop. During many years he set up his tripod and camera each day at the same time just outside his shop to capture the opposite street corner and the people passing by. Looking at the pictures you could see that something different happened everyday and that life was not standing still.

So even if you feel as if nothing changes in your daily surroundings, perhaps if we took the time to look a little closer we might just see some tiny changes now and then...