Monday, January 26, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire



I just recently saw a great movie called Slumdog Millionaire by Danny Boyle. It is based on the book Q and A by Vikas Swarup that I enjoyed a lot.

The story of the movie is about an orphaned boy named Jamal Malik that grows up in the slums of Mumbai, India. He is chosen to be on the «Who Wants To Be A Millionaire» TV show, where he has to answer 10 questions. Each question takes us on a journey back to his childhood with his older brother Salim, his lost love Latika and his life on the streets.

Just a question away from winning 20 million rupees he is accused of cheating. How can a slumdog know all the answers?

I find this movie to be one of great courage, survival and hope. It shows us a very human side of one of the biggest slums in the world and how there are still are immense differences in standards of living…

http://www.slumdogmillionairemovie.co.uk/